Apr 4, 2018
“Unconsciously we pass on
legacies of our own childhood onto our children. Blessed are those
rebellious and outlier children, because they wake the parent
Summary of this
Dr. Shefali is a clinical
psychologist and author of The Awakened Family, The Conscious
Parent, and Out Of Control. In this episode, we discuss the meaning
of ‘life’, the complexities of parenting, and how things like ego,
co-dependency and our own childhood come into play when parenting
our children. If you are a parent, parent-to-be or anyone who wants
to know more about the psychology of parenting, you will not want
to miss this powerful conversation!
Some Questions I Ask:
- What does “The Conscious Parent”
- What can someone who isn’t yet a
parent do to prepare themselves for having children?
- What are some of the main mistakes
you’ve seen parents make with their kids?
- How can a parent say "no" to their
child without crushing their spirit or being too
- Are there specific ways a parent
can develop a connection with their kids without developing
- What do you mean by “celebrating
the ordinariness of your kids?”
- How do you know when you’re ready
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- The keys to dealing with your
emotions as a parent when your child acts out.
- Creating an environment of
boundaries rather than punishment.
- Why we become co-dependent with
- How the relationship with yourself
is reflected in your relationship with your children.
- The foundation of “unconditional