Mar 26, 2019
“It’s not what happens to you but how you interpret and what
you make things mean that causes you suffering.”
Episode Summary: In life we all go
through challenging moments and difficult situations that cause
pain; the death of a loved one or the end of a relationship can be
painful and unavoidable. Suffering, however, is an optional
experience. Listen to this episode to learn about 5 causes of
suffering and how to overcome them.
Some Questions I Ask
- What are the stories that you are making up about yourself and
those around you? What is the impact of these stories in your
- What roles and personas did you develop as a way of getting
love and validation?
- Is who you are who you really are or simply who you’ve been
conditioned to be?
- What are you resisting in your life and how is that creating
- Are you stuck in the past? Where is your attention right
In This Episode You Will Learn
- How your perception of reality can be a source of
- The importance of having your attention in the present
- How the media can help reinforce your past conditioning.
- Why struggle can be an addiction.
- How being of service can help you avoid suffering.